Shopify is looking for an experienced game programmer to lead the development of technology powering our VR team. This position involves a wide variety of tasks from integrating cutting edge hardware, improving asset workflows, and rapidly prototyping and developing engaging VR/AR experiences and best-practices around commerce. To learn more about what this team is up to, check out the Shopify VR blog.
You’ll need to have:
- Extensive experience in game development using C/C++
- AAA game engine experience (Unreal, Unity, Frostbite, CryEngine, Anvil, etc)
- Strong 3D math skills
- Low-level C/C++ knowledge: threading, memory management, etc.
- Experience in performance optimization/debugging
- Familiarity with the asset pipeline (file format import, conversion, etc.)
- Working knowledge of core game engine systems like audio, graphics, networking, physics, etc
- Experience integrating hardware and rapidly evolving SDKs from vendors into existing codebases.
It’d be great if you have:
- Experience working with VR headsets like the HTC Vive or Oculus Rift.
- An enthusiasm to experiment with emerging trends in hardware/software (e.g. novel input devices, rendering techniques or even topics from machine learning) to push the boundaries of our capabilities.
What you will be working on:
- Developing many VR/AR prototypes and experiments within a small and agile team.
- Solving the integration and technical challenges for how VR works in commerce.
- Defining best practices and techniques in a new industry.
- Playing around with all the latest VR/AR toys.
What is Shopify?
Shopify is the leading cloud-based, multi-channel commerce platform designed for small and medium-sized businesses. Merchants can use the software to design, set up, and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media, marketplaces, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The platform also provides merchants with a powerful back-office and a single view of their business. The Shopify platform was engineered for reliability and scale, making enterprise-level technology available to businesses of all sizes. Shopify currently powers over 400,000 businesses in approximately 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Tesla, Red Bull, Nestle, GE, Kylie Cosmetics, and many more.
Come define the future of commerce with us.