Graphics Software Engineer, Berkeley, CA US
What you will do
• Design and develop production-grade 3D graphics software for desktop and mobile platforms in C++ using OpenGL and DirectX
• Analyze complex problems with 3D graphics and geometric modeling software to identify defects or potential improvements and recommend and implement corrective action
• Stay abreast of technology and market changes that may affect or enhance our products
• Provide feedback on and suggest improvements to product documentation, programming examples, white papers, etc.
• Write and perform unit tests and other software validation
What we’re looking for
You are smart, resourceful, excited about learning new APIs and technologies, and enjoy solving challenging problems. You understand that providing great component technology is a team responsibility, requiring not only outstanding individual contributions but also the ability to help others meet a common goal. Experienced candidates with these specific skills are invited to apply:
• Meaningful experience with 3D computer graphics technologies and APIs (especially OpenGL or DirectX) is a must. If you want your resume to stand out, this is what you should emphasize.
• BS in an applicable field, preferably Computer Science or Mathematics
• Very strong understanding of computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, design patterns, etc.
• Excellent skill writing and debugging C++ code
• Very strong analysis and problem-solving skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Fast learner with attention to both the overall concept and the details
It would be a significant plus for you to have
• Advanced degree in an applicable field.
• Experience with code development and debugging in wide variety of platforms, especially Windows and Linux, but also Android, macOS, and iOS.
• Familiarity with writing and debugging C# or Objective C
• Experience with CAD, CAM, or other engineering software development where 3D graphics is used.
What we offer
• Continuous learning and challenge
• Awesome leaders
• A relaxed environment
• Food, fun and flexibility
• Great benefits, including fully paid medical, 401(k)+ matching, plenty of PTO, sabbaticals, profit sharing, etc.
Send a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com
Principals ONLY. No recruiters please. Tech Soft 3D is an equal opportunity employer.
About Tech Soft 3D
Reliable. Experienced. Ready.
When you get to know Tech Soft 3D, you’ll find a team of seriously talented industry veterans who have retained the energy, drive and dynamism of a start-up. In the years since our company was founded in 1996, we have been singularly focused on helping software development teams succeed by leveraging our technology and expertise. We’re still invigorated by that same mission today.
Our commitment to help others rise to the top started the day our organization was born. As a four-person, self-funded start-up, we needed to provide value for our partners. Industry leaders of the day, including Computervision, SDRC and RASNA, relied on our HOOPS Visualize graphics engine.
In addition to depending on our graphics expertise, our early customers also began to look to us for help in other areas such as CAD data import/export, solid modeling and UI creation. That’s when we realized that our true responsibility was not just to provide great graphics technology, but to help engineering software teams build great products. This led us to develop, acquire and partner in order to assemble the broadest and best portfolio of premium 3D development tools and services available in any industry.
Today, we’re pleased to say that partners using our tools include industry leaders such as Adobe, Autodesk, Dassault Systèmes, Trimble, 3D Systems, Bentley and ANSYS as well as exciting start-ups such as GrabCAD and Lagoa. In fact, many of today’s respected industry applications partnered with Tech Soft 3D in their start-up phases, including products from SolidWorks, SpaceClaim, ANARK, ARAS, IronCAD, Synchro and Gehry Technologies.
Our 100+ dedicated experts serve our partners from offices in the USA, UK, France and Japan. We’re nearby, wherever you are. So let’s get to know each other. It could be the beginning of a long and fruitful partnership.