Job ID: 492729
The Department of Visual and Performing Arts at Quinnipiac University invites applications for a full-time tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor in Game Design and Development to begin August 2019.
The Bachelor of Arts in Game Design and Development is a pre-professional program within the Department of Visual and Performing Arts. As a member of a team of a rapidly growing program that emphasizes serious, meaningful analog and digital games, the ideal candidate is able to teach introductory, intermediate and advanced classes for the game design track, the game art track, or both. In addition, applicants may be assigned to teach sections of the Game Lab which oversees game project development.
See below for Position Responsibilities, Requirements and Qualifications.
About the college:
The breadth of programs offered in the College of Arts and Sciences provides the traditional strengths of a liberal arts education, with a focus on cultivating the intellectual and practical skills that students need for their personal and professional lives. The College of Arts and Sciences offers undergraduate majors in behavioral neuroscience, biochemistry, biology, chemistry, criminal justice, economics, English, game design and development, gerontology, history, independent majors, interdisciplinary studies, law in society, mathematics, philosophy, political science, psychology, sociology, Spanish language and literature, and theater.
In addition, the College of Arts and Sciences offers 31 undergraduate minors, a MS in Molecular and Cell Biology and the additional accelerated undergraduate/graduate programs: 3+1 and 4+1 BS/MS programs in Molecular and Cell Biology, 3+3 BA or BS/JD degree, 3+1 BA in Theater/MBA, and 3+2 BA or BS/MSW. Students can also complete a 5-year BA/BS and MA in Teaching in the following secondary education fields: Biology, English, History, Math and Spanish.
• Teach introductory, intermediate and advanced classes for the game design track, the game art track, or both
• May be assigned to teach sections of the Game Lab which oversees game project development
• Participate in course and curriculum development
• Service to the University and the community
• Pursue scholarship and research in the field
• MFA or terminal degree in a related field
• Previous teaching experience at the college level is required
• Expertise with the Unity Game Engine and C# required
• Experience with the Unreal Engine and C++ is a plus
• Experience in industry or a background in analog and digital game creation, board game design, scripting/programming, physical computing, 2D and 3D computer graphics and animation preferred
• Candidates with a strong game art background should have extensive experience with coding, modeling, animation, texturing, materials design and lighting including professional level experience with Autodesk Maya, Mudbox and Motion Builder
• Knowledge of Alegorithmic Substance Designer and Painter is a plus
• Strong commitment to collegiality
• Ability to work effectively with faculty, students, and staff from diverse backgrounds
• Open to collaborations with colleagues with colleagues across the University
• Commitment to contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include:
• A cover letter. In your cover letter, please indicate if you plan to attend the Game Developers Conference, March 18-22, 2019
• Curriculum vitae
• Links to an online portfolio with samples of student work, relevant professional or creative work and scholarship
After initial review has been completed, candidates selected for further consideration will be asked to send three letters of reference, evidence of teaching performance, and a copy of transcripts.
Review of applications will begin February 15th and will continue until the position is filled.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/kyfpspssgdy86jv8