We’re looking for a director-level candidate who will work out of our offices in Hanoi, and will be responsible for managing a team of 50-70 Vietnamese software and game developers (programmers, designers, artists, testers) working for US and European clients.
You’ll be responsible for managing team performance, providing technical support for internal teams, and managing client expectations. Tasks include:
– Helping decipher client design and technical requirements
– Assisting teams with technical issues
– Overseeing client and server architectures and implementations
– Meeting daily with the teams
– Managing high-level production for ongoing projects
– Emailing daily status reports to clients
– Having weekly phone calls with clients
– Supporting project managers and game producers
– Managing a team of 50-70 full-time staff
Our projects mostly involve mobile apps, mobile games, PC and console games, and websites.
– Attractive and competitive salary and benefits, and an international, friendly, and professional working environment.
– An open and honest culture where people are treated fairly, trusted, and empowered.
– Flexible working hours. Our normal work week is 40 hours per week (Monday-Friday).
– 13th month salary and annual performance-based bonuses.
– Social, medical and unemployment insurance.
– Paid leave (12 days / year).
– Maternity leave support.
– Lunch allowance for full-time staff.
– In-house gym including Yoga, Zumba, BJJ, Muay Thai classes.
– For non-Vietnamese staff, support for making Vietnamese work permits and resident cards.
– Salary range: $2,000 – $4,000 USD net.
– Native English speaker, able to easily and fluently communicate with US and European customers and potential customers via phone, Skype, and in-person.
– 5+ years of experience as a project manager in software engineering or as a lead engineer.
– Strong experience in managing teams during the full lifecycle of a project.
– Strong experience in at least one programming language is a plus.
– Strong experience in managing teams in an outsourcing context is a plus.
– Strong experience with versioning tools and processes, Git, SVN or others.
– Strong experience with Agile methodologies.
– Portfolio of published mobile, PC or web games or applications is a plus.
– Strong knowledge of mobile, console, PC, and web applications and games, including business trends.
– Experience in managing local staff.
– Friendly, reliable, honest.
If you’re interested in this position, please send us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Gear Inc.
Gear Inc., formerly known as Sixth Gear Studios, is an American owned and operated business process outsourcing company located in Hanoi, Vietnam. We provide industry leading image moderation, social media management, IT consulting, application development, game development, and outsourcing services.
We strive to provide high-impact and reliable programming services to corporations all around the world. We are capable of quickly learning and implementing many types of programming systems.
Our goal is to satisfy our customers by providing efficient and professional services. We focus on providing a fun and relaxed atmosphere as we all work hard to achieve this goal.
Company size: 100 - 499
For more information, please visit our
- Website: https://www.gearinc.com/
- Facebook fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/GearIncTeam/